Four years. 11 months.
At eleven months Rosie is standing unsupported, a fast crawler, cruising along the furniture and cabinets. She's in every inch of leo's toys and projects which frustrates him to no end and causes many fights especially in the late hours of the day. All of a sudden she's making such desperate attempts to communicate with us - she's pointing at everything. Screaming and pointing in her high chair when we don't deliver her food or drink fast enough or in her car seat on the way home from school when she notices that Leo has a pretzel and she doesn't. Just this week she seems to be saying Ball "ba" and "du" for duck and dog and "da da" when eric walks into a room. She still makes any and all strangers feel special with her winning smile. She's playing all kinds of games - imitating all of us at the dinner table - and loving to be read to all of sudden. She dances and sings - swaying back and forth when the NPR news theme song comes on the radio or when eric hums a tune under his breath. She and Leo have wonderful games together - where they imitate each other and crawl around the floor emptying drawers and bookcases, he makes mountains out of pillows for her to crawl over or "Spaceships" out of our dining room chairs with tunnels for her to crawl through or pull up on. She won't eat a meal if he's running around the house and screams and turns around in her seat to try to find him. Eric and I gaze at them in exhausted wonder most evenings.
More on Leo later this weekend as he turns the big 4. Sorry for our long blogging delay.

1 Comments:
Wow, I'm so glad I came by and read this today! You really crystallized the magic (and madcap energy) of the kids. I feel like I got a glimpse of Griffin's future (he's just beginning to issue orders from the high chair). I hope we can enjoy Rosie's smile soon! -Andrew
Post a Comment
<< Home