Sarah, Eric, Leo & Rosie

(but let's be honest, it's really all about Leo & Rosie)

Friday, June 12, 2009

Poems.

Leo's been narrating his experience to Rosie all day long: "We're going to the cheeseboard, Rosie. There's music there. And apple juice." He recites what Eric called "little poems" to her all day in the singsong voice he's imitating from how the grownups talk to her: "Rose you're like a little birdy. little tiny birdy" and "Rosie you're a mystery. Rosie."


He's been really interested in the human brain ever since he started waking in the night from his bad dreams & we told him they come from his brain. He asks lots of questions about the size & color of brains, about how they work & who has them. "Does owls have a brain? Does the real elmo have a brain? Pets? Zoe? Is Zoe's brain pink or blue?" Today he rubbed the top of Rosie's head in a slow gentle circle and said "I'm going to rub her brain to make her brain have a new dream."

Leo usually runs into our bed in the morning when he wakes up, but yesterday he bypassed our bed entirely and ran straight for Rosie's crib instead. "Rosie ... I'm here!"

2 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Blogger Kearsley said...

So cool. I like Leo's brain.

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Karen S. said...

Your family is gorgeous and I love the concept of the real Elmo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home